Mass Maharaja Ravi Teja’s most awaited stylish mass action entertainer ‘Eagle’, under the direction of Karthik Gattamneni is due for release tomorrow. The film is produced by TG Vishwa Prasad under Tollywood’s leading production company People Media Factory, while Vivek Kuchibhotla is the co-producer.
Kavya Thapar and Anupama Parameswaran are the heroines. The already-released teaser, trailer and songs have received tremendous response. Meanwhile, director Karthik Ghattamaneni shared a few interesting aspects of ‘Eagle’ in the media interaction.
* You look so young and cool.. but everything in Eagle promotional content looks destruction. How is the movie Eagle going to be?
– There is destruction in the Eagle concept itself. It is a larger-than-life entertainer. The Eagle’s destruction is for society. That is kept in suspense for now. In this, the protagonist is a cotton farmer. But the problem he fights is international. It is also relevant to us. We enjoy movies like Rambo and Terminator a lot. This is an attempt to bring such a film. Eagle is an excellent action drama entertainer. This will definitely entertain the audience immensely.
* How did it feel to make such a big action film as a director?
-I like to do action films from earlier. But there are some limitations in career beginning. Now I am happy to get a chance to do a full-scale action movie with Eagle.
* When did you narrate Ravi Teja this story?
-I narrated this story while I was working as a cameraman for ‘Dhamaka’. As soon as he heard the story, he said, “This is a good commercial film. Let’s do it.”
* How did you feel when Ravi Teja said ‘I had done a role that I liked’ at the pre-release event?
-Everyone knows that Ravi Teja is a brilliant actor. But sometimes due to commercial reasons, he has to do comedy, dance, action, and many other things in a movie. But in Eagle, he looks like a character. That difference will make sense to the audience. Being intense and cool is a different quality in him.
* Didn’t give even any hints about the story and concept in the trailer… Have you tried any special screenplay for this?
-The secondary cast is very important to this story. We have explored the style of the protagonist through those characters. We tried styles like Virumandi, Rashomon, and Vikram. If the whole concept is told in advance, the excitement is lost. If you watch the trailer after watching the movie, you will understand that the concept is clearly revealed in the trailer itself.
* What are things that you learned from Ravi Teja?
-Ravi Teja’s energy levels are high. But the most important thing to learn from him is discipline. He is a very disciplined actor. His food habits and sleeping hours are perfect. He lives a very happy life. He is a man with more self-control.
* Why is this movie titled Eagle?
-An eagle can see a rabbit below even if it is four kilometers high. In this, the hero has that eye power. Also, the code name of this character in the movie is Eagle. We tried the same title in Hindi as well. There is a movie with the same name in Bollywood. So, we are releasing it in Hindi with the character name of the protagonist ‘Sahdev Varma’.
* What do you prefer between DOP and direction?
-I like storytelling. But accidentally became a cinematographer. I consider it a blessing.
* What is Navdeep’s role? How are the characters of Anupama and Kavya going to be?
-Navdeep’s role is very important. In the first half, Navdeep will be seen in a role that complements the hero’s ideas. Navdeep will surprise us with his performance. He has very good memory power. Anumapa will be seen in the role that drives this story forward. Kavya’s character is another reason for this story. Another small baby role is also crucial.
* What are the things that you find challenging while making Eagle?
There are many challenges in filmmaking while we go deep. With the experience we have, we think we can complete a sequence in five days. But it will not be done within the deadline. I thought I could complete the climax episode of Eagle in a week. But it took 17 nights. We tried all the real effects for it. In this process, I have troubled about four hundred people (laughs). It came out amazingly.
* The sound design of Eagle is very new. Tell us about the sound design of the movie.
-We did the Sound Design of Eagle for six months. All are the sounds produced in real. We shot with real guns in Europe and recorded that sound. We have taken a lot of care in the background music. If you see it in a good theatre with proper sound equipment, you can feel that experience. I’ve known DavZand for ten years and have very good journey with him.
* Mani Babu’s dialogues are good? Is it your idea to take him for the movie?
-I did Karthikeya 2 with him. Since then, we have a good balance. His use of words is very good.
* How was it working with People Media Factory?
-People Media Factory has become like a home banner for me. They provided everything needed for the movie with a single phone call. Thanks to producers Vishwa Prasad and Vivek Kuchibhotla.
* What are your upcoming projects as a director?
-I am doing a film with Teja Sajja. We will announce that movie soon.