SKN has established himself as a successful producer in Tollywood with blockbuster and cult movies like “Prathi Roju Pandage,” “Taxiwala,” and “Baby.” Together with his friend and star director Maruthi, he is presenting the Tamil movie “Lover,” starring Manikandan, Sri Gouri Priya, and Kanna Ravi in the lead roles, to the Telugu audience under the title “True Lover.” The film is produced by Nazerath Pasilian, Magesh Raj Pasilian, and Yuvraj Ganesan under the banners of Million Dollar Studios and MRP Entertainment. Directed by Prabhuram Vyas, the film, which tells a unique love story, is set for a grand theatrical release on the 10th of this month. On this occasion, producer SKN shared the highlights of the movie.
– Ours is a small movie with a modest release, not positioned to compete with major films like “Eagle.” Nonetheless, we are making a decision that is acceptable to everyone and are releasing “True Lover” on the 10th of this month. The “Raja Saab” movie is produced by People Media Factory under the direction of Maruthi. I am also part of that team. That organization feels like a friendly banner to us. It’s important that all movies, big or small, succeed. Only then will more technicians find work.
– The movie “True Lover” was brought to our attention by a friend. He suggested Maruthi and I watch the movie together. We both liked it and decided to bring it to the Telugu audience. “True Lover” cannot be compared to our previous movie “Baby” as they are two different kinds of movies. This movie will resonate with young people in love, as the director has adeptly showcased the challenges faced by lovers. Although I prefer to work on original films, the compelling aspects of this movie attracted us. We approached Bunny vas Distribution because nowadays, the performance of films in other languages is known within hours of their release. It’s beneficial to release simultaneously to avoid situations like we experienced in 2018 when a movie released in theaters here went to OTT in Malayalam. The movie “Love Today” also went to OTT while still in theaters here. Releasing simultaneously can prevent these issues.
– Trust is the cornerstone of any relationship, and that’s a main theme of “True Lover.” Some scenes in this movie are particularly impactful, and we believe in the movie’s success.
– “Geetha Govindam” and “Taxiwala” each had its unique appeal, but both were super hits. Similarly, “Suhas Ambajipeta’s Marriage Band” movie was a great success and is performing well at the box office. We anticipate a good run until March. I have a natural affinity for love stories and movies filled with youthful energy. The upcoming movie I’ve done with Maruti also caters to the youth. Working with big stars requires a high budget, whereas films with newcomers can succeed well if they’re rich in content and appeal to the youth. Of the four movies I’m planning next, three will be youth-centric, and one will explore science fiction.
– We are planning to remake the movie “Baby” in Hindi, with an announcement expected in the next week or two. The title “Cult Bomma” has been registered for it. We are considering casting star kids or newcomers for the Hindi remake, which will be directed by Sai Rajesh. “Arjun Reddy” saw tremendous success in Hindi, and we hope “Baby” will also enjoy wide-reaching success in Bollywood. Sai Rajesh shares the same aggressiveness that Sandeep Reddy Vanga has. Currently, I am working on films with Santhosh Shobhan and Anand Deverakonda and want to produce a supernatural movie as well as a project with Sandeep Raj. I consider myself at the upper primary level as a producer. Once I reach the college level, I aspire to produce a film with Allu Arjun.