Young and Talented Music director Anup Rubens is well known for his Music to movies like Ishq, Lovely, Manam, Heart Attack, Gopala Gopala, Temper, Soggade Chinni Nayana, Katamarayudu, Paisa Vasool. After Musical Hits like Gunde Jaari Gallantayyinde and Oka Laila Kosam, the Superhit combination of Director Vijay Kumar Konda and Anup Rubens joined their hands for the third film for ‘Orey Bujjiga’. This Young Hero Raj Tarun, Malavika Nair starrer, is Presented by Mrs. Lakshmi RadhaMohan while KK Radha Mohan is producing under his Sri Satyasai Arts banner. Songs of ‘Orey Bujjiga’ composed by Anup Rubens already become chartbusters. This Romcom Entertainer is getting ready for the World Premiere on October 1st at 6 PM on AHA OTT. On this occasion Music Director Anup Rubens talked about the film. Here’s the interview with Young & Talented Music Director.
Tell us about ‘Orey Bujjiga’?
– After the pre-release event held in Karimnagar, lockdown was imposed. I am very happy that the movie events started again with our film. This gives me a feeling that we are back to normal. ‘Orey Bujjiga’ is a rom-com without and without entertainment. Each song in this movie has its own importance and this movie is a whole package. This is the third film in the combination of myself and Director Konda Vijay Kumar after Gunde Jaari Gallantayyinde and Oka Laila Kosam. Director Vijay is like my brother. I believe the audience will love and enjoy this film as they did for Gunde Jaari Gallantayyinde.
Have you composed anything new during a lockdown?
– Yes, but I am a little dissatisfied somewhere because usually a lot of discussions happen with the Producer and Director while composing music. But, it feels tough to compose music by staying at home alone.
You have got time during this lockdown period. Have you done any changes to this film?
– No! we have locked the music and the background music before the release itself. Then this situation arises and we haven’t done any changes.
You have done music for all class and mass films. How do you feel working for all kinds of films?
– As a music director I would like to work for all types of films. I am lucky to get the opportunity to work for films in different genres like Ishq, Manam, Gopala Gopala, Temper, Katamarayudu, Paisa Vasool, Poola Rangadu, Soggade Chinni Nayana. Also, I am privileged to compose music for a Patriotic song in my first film itself. I have done 55 films so far. On this occasion, I would like to thank my producers and directors.
Seems like you have tuned well with Director Vijay Kumar?
– Yes, we have a good understanding of our first film Gunde Jaari Gallantayyinde. We worked again after a gap of two years. This film has songs in all flavors. Small western touch in Sarigama song. Kurisene Kurisena and E Maya Peremito are melodies and there is a mass touch in Krishnaveni song. Vijay gari movies have a very good scope for music and all the songs are situation based. Every song will travel along with the story in this film.
Which song you have enjoyed the most while composing for this film?
– Personally, my favorite song is E Maaya Peremito and also Krishnaveni song because Raj Tarun has done fantastic dance moves.
Do you keep the Hero’s image in mind while composing the music for a film?
– Yes, I will keep Hero’s image in my mind while composing the music and also the story of the film.
Do you think that lockdown period helped Neeli Neeli Aakasam song to get wide reach?
– Neeli Neeli Aakasam song from 30 Rojullo Preminchadam Ela movie got tremendous response even before the lockdown and got wide reached. I am very happy that this song provided big relief for the listeners during this lockdown. I got Manam’s kind of appreciation for that song. E Maaya Peremito and Krishnaveni songs are also getting a similar responses.
About Producer Radha Mohan?
– Radha Mohan sir is a very good person. I have worked with many producers but Radha Mohan sir is the cool person and also very systematic. He is very passionate about movies. He is very friendly with artists and technicians on sets. I am very happy to work with him.
How do you feel about movie releasing through OTT?
– Usually, we see thriller and horror films in OTT which has no songs. But I think Orey Bujjiga is the first family entertainer releasing in AHA that too with five beautiful songs. I am very happy that a fun film like this is getting released in OTT so that the whole family can enjoy watching it at their homes.
Tell us about your relation with SP Balasubramanyam Garu?
– I worked with Balu Garu mostly for devotional songs. Recently I worked on a title track for our association. Balu Garu sang that song. He even attended that opening function. His specialty is he acts according to the age group of people he works with. That’s why it is always memorable spending time with him. He is magical and attains a respectable position in the music world like no other. It’s a great loss losing Balu Garu who is like a father to the music world.
How do you follow trend as a music director?
– Trend keeps on changing from time to time. But, the melody is like a heart. New beats and instruments will come but heart touching melody will remain unchanged. For instance, take Ilaiyaraja gari songs, we keep on listening to them till today. I believe melody will remain forever.
About your other projects?
– Currently, I am working for RadhaMohan gari Odella Railway station and another film in Raj Tarun – Konda Vijay Kumar’s combination. Another couple of projects are in pipeline. I have recorded some private songs during this lockdown. I will release them soon.